I want to login or register an account!
    Neuer Benutzer

too many AFK players

hello.

I want to notify that most of the time there are a lot of players just idling in spawn which is a major problem for one teams strength because when an active player gets autoscrambled he will atempt to go back to his original team but an idler won't and because some players don't want to lose they keep switching to the winning team then a lot of idlers stack up on one team with a few actual players who don't really stand a chance anymore or are trying to switch to the winning team as well which doesn't lead to succes but only being another useless player.

I noticed that after a while autopilot kicks in but I'm afraid that that system is just hopeless they keep jumping into walls or even get stuck. in worst case scenario while being spawncamped they just keep the door open for the enemy team because they couldnt just run out and get killed like they normally would but they get stuck behind the door. the system never really kills anyone because they're response is extremely slow. engineers place their dispensers at random and sometimes build a sentry which they most of the time won't level up and don't bother to repair or look after at all.

the most easy solution to me looks like a autokick after a few minutes or even a simple votekick ( although I have heard that there were some problems with this?)

we also have called an admin once and after about 5 minutes a VIP came declaring that he couldn't help us with this since he wasn't allowed to kick anyone. he lead me back to this forum.

thanks for taking your time to read this and I hope that something will get done eventually.

PS:sorry if this has been posted already but my german isn't quite amazing and couldn't really find anything about it.

gwsdefault

EDIT 1: grammar

Hi
    The admin you talked to was me.

I agree, sometimes there are so many AFK gamers on some servers, that it can block a whole team to achieve any map objectives.

A Votekick system is not possible to enable cause of the Premium gamers, they would be kicked also and they pay for their benefits.

I highly support this idea that a usual gamer will automatically disconnect from the server if he is longer than 10 or 15 minutes AFK. This will give anyone the time to use a toilet or do some other needed chores.
    Premiums should be not be implemented into this system, cause of their monetary support for the servers of Saigns.de.

But.....
    There are not really a lot of Premium gamers in relation to the amount of the usual Non premiums playing on the servers so that should not be any big issue.

It is not on me to change this system, this can only decide tF himself, he is the owner of Saigns.de
    Last edited by Tomstar; 26.07.2013 at 16:25.
    Dere er Rovdyret, Taliban er byttet.... Til Valhall!

Erfahrener Benutzer scottpilgrim's Avatar
    This topic never gets old... I hoped it would after Valve added new anti-idling system improvements.

The AFK system of Saigns.de has got nothing to do with Valve.
    Every plugin is handmade
    Dere er Rovdyret, Taliban er byttet.... Til Valhall!

Erfahrener Benutzer scottpilgrim's Avatar
    I was referring to this http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/18/team-fortress-2-makes-work-for-idle-hands-with-item-drop-update/

If this is true then you will only be able to idle using one steam account on each computer. But people still keep idling!

Erfahrener Benutzer freakintiger's Avatar
    Maybe for other reasons? Like, I don't know, they want to occupy a slot? I'm always amazed by some people's thought processes - if there are any.

I wholly agree there should be an auto-kick, since people can stay in *AFK for ages, I've seen up to 8 hours, annoying myself and quite a fair few other people, since the bots are like aimbots and will target hidden snipers and such, and are spyproof if you miss...

The *AFK timer should be increased too, 1 minute is slightly too short, the original 3 was perfect.
    I think you're reading a signature.
    Spreading the inevitable joy of Vietnamese Crystal
    Also, sub to us on dat Tube and I'll love you forever: CLICK ME NOW

Gast
    I agree with noodl some pepeole connect to a server and go afk and block the server the whole day. And if there is an admin call and u cant connect to the server for 10 min.

Yeah I noticed that too.
    It's okay for maybe 30 minutes, maybe even an hour. But everything beyond is too much. I know, the reason is to have the server full all the time, but sometimes you have up to 20 AFK players on a server, and thats just too much.