I want to login or register an account!
    Neuer Benutzer

Not possible to record demos of players with ideograms name/russians

Tried, doesnt work.

It works perfectly with normal names, with our alphabet.

But if the player has a name with russian characters or oriental ideograms, it doesnt create the demo file.

Any ideas ?

It doesn't matter what name you use for recording. You could use:

record russian or record chinese

status (shows all names & Steam ID's)

stop
    ::: Intel Core i7 4820K @ 4.4 GHz ::: Asus Rampage IV Gene ::: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black ::: ZOTAC GTX 1070 Mini :::

Neuer Benutzer
    But wait, I've been told that to record I have to type RECORD + the name of the player, by copypasting it from chat, for example, if it's written in another alphabet.

What do I have to write, in the end, exactly, if I have a player with chinese name that I wanna record ?

Then use his ID number (not steamID) , just ID. In console that looks like this : 012 nameofplayer steamID , so if you can't record him by name , you can use his ID , for example : record #012 , then type status , and close console. When you are done with recording , open console again and type - stop .

I hope you understand now..

Neuer Benutzer
    Now it's clear, I'm gonna try it out soon as those players come back.

But hey, nobody told me this before, NOR explained it like this with the Id number. I didnt know anything of this. And if u are the ones we have to send the demos to, u should make this very clear to everyone.

Sorry, I'm a little late to the party.

You could type in record annoyinghacker, or record anything for that matter. It really doesn't matter what you use as the name, because all it does is set what the file name will be when the demo is saved to your hard drive. When it comes down to it, you will still need to try and spectate the cheater or problem player so we have the best possibility of making a fair judgement on them. It also helps if you type status in console while the demo is running, so we can see the Steam IDs when we watch the demo.

We only use the player name as a guideline, to make it easier for you to remember who it was you were recording a demo of. So when you see a player go by the name of Раздражает мошенник, all you need you to do is type record russianhackerguy and now you'll know what the demo is about.

I hope this makes it clearer for you!
    Have you ever been mis-sold TDi? That's okay, so have several million other people.

Neuer Benutzer
    well lol, now when I try to open the demos myself it tells me

setup file gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in subdirectory half life 2

and give me error.

Jesus Christ Valve.