I want to login or register an account!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Breaking point

Beitrag #MakeSaignsGreatAgain!

What is this post?;

DISCLAIMERS
    If you're here through my Message to you, my steam profile or my Youtube, please do create an account to be able to comment and adding your personal opinion or to simply agree so we can show Saigns that we're done with this now!

Most of these points doesn't require you to have played on a saigns server before, whilst some do!

I'm not just calling out Ch3misTrY, i just read the "Crashed Servers" Post again and noticed those two quotes that i put in.

When I say "You" I'm reffering to all the admins.

No matter if your a regular player, admin or owner I'd love your opinion.

This is not a post to hate on your servers, I love them, It's the only ones i play and that's why I'd like to express my opinions to you. THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL!

This is a very long post, the longest I've ever written, and I'd appreciate if the admins atleast read it all, cause i spend very long time on this.

By no means do i say the Admins are bad, some could be alittle less biased, but other than that they're all in all great, personality wise.

#MakeSaignsGreatAgain

Quick TIP

DALLAS contacted ME a long time ago, telling me he had been noticing me and that I've done a great job, if more of you could do this maybe I'd help alittle more other than just not bothering anymore. I've given up, all i do on Saigns now is suicide binding, over and over, and over again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just to tell you something....we here on saigns do care a lot about the server and also every player." - ch3misTrY

- You may think that what you wrote is true, but it isn't, atleast not on your TF2 Server 2Fort #1, you don't show any of what you've stated in the last year+ I've played here.

2Fort #1 is the only server i can speak for.

So it's been, idk how long, but atleast long enough for me to make a little rant about it.
    You say that you care, and when i mean you i mean you all, but nothing is happening, i can still crash the server whenever i want. And it's even an issue i addressed 2+ months ago.

As a Rank #2 and 1 year of premium (atleast) on your server I'd say that i have more than enough playtime to be ranting and giving intel, I'm not just some guy that ragequitted after 2 hours of playing. I know the community, the ones that communicate with me atleast. And if you want 2Fort #1 to be the same popular server as always you need to read and consider my proposals.

As of today, atleast 4 hours ago 2Fort #1 was completely empty, with the exception of 2-3 players. Dunno if it was all day, but i have been feeling it dying lately, and there's many reasons for it, some better than others.

Here's just a few ones that people have been complaining about, and you can honestly just open up your logs, and search for the keywords, i garuantee there'll be multiple people that has said the same.

#1 Random Crits and the rule of flaming

Random Crits is the most cancerous thing in itself.. But the fact that you have a policy against flaming is bottomline.. Stupid.
    Who's not going to be mad when their killstreak gets unfairly ended by a random crit? What happends when you get mad? Well from what i can tell most people have now gotten a bind that will be spammed when they get unfairly killed, Just look at myself, Osvaldo and Chilly, seriously open the logs and search for Random Crit / unfair. I'll wait....

Proposal?

tf_weapon criticals 0, Don't give me the bullshit you gave me last time with "Oh but that's TF2's fault, we can't change that. Yes you can. Do it..
    Remove the Flaming rules, It's bottomline redundant, no one is respecting that rule, I'll be the first to snitch.
    Every 8 year old is doing it, so why keep it as a rule?

#2 No active admins and the recruiting system

"all other admins are doing this "job" voluntary and in there free time." -ch3misTrY

"Voluntarily" I get that you do, do this voluntarily, but you forgot to mention the unlisted catch.
    Yes that's right, there's a catch, i don't remember the other ones, but one of them is to spend 2000 Hours of your time in the Saigns Chatroom which we all know about.
    Are you serious? I spend like 10 months just to get 1000 Hours on TF2 Alone!

When the little boy cried admin for the first time, no one showed up.
    It has come to the point where people abuse the report command now cause they know that no one will come anyway.

Proposal?

Ask for an application, that you have premium, and that you actually have freetime. That you play actively on the server/s you want to admin on. And just to follow suit on the mindset you had when making these requirements, Have them atleast be member of the forum for a couple of months, and actively help in various posts.

Why play actively you may ask?
    Well why the hell not? I only see positives about this..
    You're on the server all the time, so no need to call for an admin, secondly you get to know the community within the server and they get to know you. WIN WIN!

OR you could headhunt/pick the admins you deemed worthy.
    Give some headadmins the task to find some maybe.

#3 Lag issues and server Shutdown

I've already made alot of posts on this, so i wont go into too much detail.
    I don't really care about the Shutdown, I presume it's there intentionally to prevent the server from breaking completely or something like that, either way, a fresh start is always.. Fresh.

The lag however.. Most occuring when the server is at 20 people, which is every day since the new update, and we all know why, so no need to talk about that.

Proposal?

Heck if i know, none of you have brought any attention to my other posts and told anyone of the players about it. Will it be fixed? Who cares, no one apparently according to your logic, smh. And i can see who's currently reading my posts, and i know for a fact that you, tF, read them.

#4 *AFK and the server crash exploit.

Let's start off with the *AFK, cause that will explain the crash exploit

*AFK is the worst thing about Saigns, and i have no clue as why you have gotten no other complaints about it, on the forums atleast.
    It's the buggiest shit ever, it'll randomly start shooting, and it never stops, I've tried and done the numbers, and you don't ever end up with more than 10 kills if you're going afk for an hour, ontop of that you will either die the rest of the time or be stuck in a corner somewhere.
    It can also lead to false reports, and vac bans.
    How you ask?
    Well first off the *AFK doesn't always show up in your name, and people will get 180 degree turned on if they get too close, and the bot aims through walls.
    The most ironic thing is that you're against hackers, but have a built in hack that can be enabled by just standing still for 5 minutes.

The Server Crash Exploit, an exploit that only i knew. I was nice enough to not tell everyone how to do it, and i even said i would tell an admin if they wanted to know. But apparently no one cared, so here is me sharing my exploit. Now hopefully you'll do something about it.

First of, get a taunt the doesn't require you to keep taunting, such as conga, katozky kick and so on.
    Second of, use the taunt in a corner in the spawn and wait about an hour for it to work 100%
    Come back and spam your spacebar. This will not work if the AFK bot has somehow quitted the taunt or moved from the corner.
    You've successfully Buffer overflow attacked the server and it has closed down.

Proposal?

Remove the *AFK system, do as other servers do and kick people from the server.
    You've told me "But we don't get alot of users then and bla bla bal"
    Uhmm.. Look at Skials, are they not bigger than Saigns? Yeah, yeah they are. Do they have a fancy buggy AFK System? Nope, you get kicked after 5 minutes of being afk.

If however you still think that it won't work for you, move people to spectate instead, but I'm telling you that the server will be filled with idlers and people won't be able to join.

Speaking from experience, been apart of alot of servers by now.

#5 Regular bots and the menu settings

The bots in your servers are buggy, and confusing as all hell.
    You can't tell if they're bots or f2ps, which is super annoying when you expect to tank all the damage down to 1% but all of the sudden some kid named Minecraftplayer69 just killed you.

The Menu settings, for Premium gamers atleast. They reset. It's so ******* annoying everytime i join your servers after quitting TF2 i have to assign my premium tag, color and settings all over.

Proposal?

Instead of giving the bots some random cosmetic with an unusual effect or some stupid shit like that, give them all the same cosmetic (NOT GIBUS AND PYROVISION PLEASE) so you can tell that it's a bot and you shouldn't waste your precious time killing it.

The menu settings, idk, that's not something i want to get into at all, that's for you to fix.

#6 Premium improvement ideas

I get that you as a server hosting community need money, I see that you increased the Premium Price, I think I'm the only one that has spend so much money on Premium cause I've Bought it For Lemon, Chilly, Rappy and myself.

You could bring back the choice to choose which game you want Premium on again, and maybe add different Premium packs (Bronze, Silver and Gold) Idk which should have which, but some of the new stuff you could add is:

Being able to call votes.
    Being able to call a vote is SO important on 2Fort #1 cause apparently we get looked over so often it's ridiculous. Ex. we've been dealing with the same hacker for 3 days before anything got done, so yeah, let just Premium players take care of this.

Random crit immunity:
    Not sure if this is a thing that can be implemented, but it sure as hell would make you alot of money.

Voice Chat:
    Voice chat is something I don't really care about, but recently I've wanted it for some reason, but not for everyone, that'd be annoying. Maybe a voice chat that only premiums can participate in and only premiums could hear.

Reserved spots:
    A function that allows a premium to join the server through the console even if the server is full.

These were just some i could think of, I'm sure you got your own ideas aswell.

#7 MOD's or VIP's

Start recruiting MOD's or VIP's, Dunno the permissions the Admins have, but all i want is someone to have the ability to mute, gag, kick, IP BAN and move people to spectator.

Any of those would be fucking lovely, and please just headhunt for one instead of demanding some bullshit like 2000 hours of chatting.

#8 Be more Transparent and listen to your community

As I've said before in other posts, we would really enjoy some news about what's going on, like Ex. The lag issue, it's been 1 month or so since my 2-3 posts about that, and people have even confirmed it, but no info from anyone?

I've noticed alot of the forum posts being pretty useless cause you never do anything to improve, listen to the people that make your servers what they are today. LISTEN.
    Ask us what we'd like, cause you by no means know what we'd like. Obviously.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some news would be nice, if it's not going to be fixed, tell us straight up please, cause we're still supporting you through this year of bullshit. We deserve to know.

Sorry if this came across as rude or insensitive.. But to be honest we're all fed up and you seriously need a wake-up call!

There's currently 26 Admins on Saigns, but I'd love to know how many of those admins are TF2 Admins

I'm writing this 30 minute past my usual bedtime, and i got work tomorrow, there's more stuff that needs to be added for sure, don't think that this is the only flaws.
    I'll add them later on perhaps, unless you completely debunk it or something idk. Anyways, hope you're reading it all and will reply on what you think about each induvidial point and proposal.

Sincerely,

2Fort #1
    Last edited by VolKan; 25.07.2016 at 02:10. Reason: Added more points
    Ne, Dad-san, are we kawaii?
    If you say we don't you're a baka.

Neuer Benutzer
    All of this is 100% true 2fort #1 needs some serious work doing especially with the afks for example if ur idling like volkan said you just get stuck in a corner in the sewer just shooting randomly and yes random crits need to be removed when ur on like a 50ks and u die to a unfair random crit then u get extremly mad then flame but WHY IS FLAMING A RULE everyone flames so why is this even a rule on saigns just why...

From Lemon, Rank #3 in 2Fort#1

19:13 - Lemon: Welp... They either read it without answering, or they gave up already.
    19:14 - VolKan | YouTube: Yea, which is why I'm asking others to read and give their input
    19:16 - Lemon: I did read all of it. The server crash exploit is quiet ugly. It was good that you wrote him now in public thou.
    19:16 - Lemon: IF people read them on the forums, they may use it for good.
    19:17 - Lemon: Or troll as in for bad purpose
    19:17 - VolKan | YouTube: Yeah, hopefully every is going to exploit it so they have to remove the AFK system
    19:17 - Lemon: Either way, the admins have to react.
    19:17 - Lemon: Would be a dumb idea to ban every exploit user.
    19:18 - VolKan | YouTube: Yeah, it's their own fault
    19:18 - VolKan | YouTube: Are you going to leave a comment? Cause if not I'll just make a quote from you
    19:18 - Lemon: Would be nice of you.

19:36 - Lemon: I can only say, that he is absolutly right about everything. Either for good or for bad the exploit has to be used so the headadmins/owner wakes up if nothing happens in the next time. It is sad for me to see how since 1 whole year there was no admin on the 2Fort #1 server. Donators can't do anything against lmaobox users - and they are also sometimes there. I remember when the server was full with good people, back in the last year...
    Last edited by VolKan; 20.07.2016 at 20:40.

Neuer Benutzer
    i agree 100% with this :/ the afk system is broken so badly...
    also i think they should bring the "select a game" option back for becoming premium, i only play tf2 and have to overpay a lot for games i dont own, and i bet im not the only one.

Neuer Benutzer
    I haven't been here for a long time (I've was there like october 2014 because I was searching a server for halloween achievements back when free premium every 24h-week was a thing) but I know that the servers we're just a bit broken with the bugs and stupid bots. I just hope they can fix this out

'I may not know a single thing about the sv (didn't even know it was a sv at first) but from what I have read it seems very unfair to leave waiting some people (some people, not saying that you may or may not listened to others, just some people) from this multiple problems, when they can have a solution, just to listen to people and make the solution true! This can just have a solution if the admins sat all one day, read the problems the servers have, from the people that play it, and make the solution, or at least leave a "We will work on that when we can", just, make people happy and the game playable, which players actually like to use it and not say: "If this is how TF2 is in this sv, then I can imagine how others will be, I quit it!" (I don't say also that you guys make it horrible to play, I say that it can happen, or make the players to have a better stay at the game)' - Brainless Wizard

Okay, so I'm going to go through the individual points Volk has made and say my opinions/ suggestions.

#1 Random Crits And The Rule of Flaming

I have no issue with random crits. They allow the lesser-skilled players to get the occasional random kill, which was always fun for me when I started out. RANDOM CRITS ARE FAIR AND BALANCED. They're a part of TF2, and I think they belong on the server.

The rule about no flaming, though? Ridiculous. And also ignored. All the time. I can think of a lot of players who feel the need to rage and whine after being killed by an F2P. As if F2Ps can't be skilled. "I pay to play, why I no win??? I have pay teh money but my skill is no increase???" Regardless of any rules set down, people will always bitch, so the rule needn't exist.

#2 No Active Admins and the Recruiting System

Honestly? The simplest solution to this issue is to either a) Recruit a premium player who frequents the server to be an admin, or b) Make it possible for players on the server to votekick someone. Do you have any idea how annoying it is when a hacker shows up, and we have to wait for the slow ass Saigns Anti-Cheat to kick in? Or for an admin to show up? What's ironic, is they always show up AFTER the hacker leaves of their own free will. Thank you so much, Saigns.

#3 Lag Issues and Server Shutdown

The server shuts down just a little too frequently for my liking, and whenever it does, practically everyone leaves to find a better server. I don't have a solution for this issue myself, but if it is fixable, I'd recommend doing something about it straight away.

#4 *AFK and the Server Crash Exploit

I wasn't even aware about this exploit, but the fact that there is one, just proves that the AFK system needs to die a death. I am sick of their 100% damage auto-aim bullshit. The reason so many people stop playing on your servers, is because of the AFKs. It's not fun playing against aimbotters. They fill up the server, which no doubt causes lag, but also makes it impossible for players that actually are at their PC to join the server. Oh, and let's not forget the auto-balance that puts practically all AFKs on one team. If you don't want to lose users, get rid of that system. It's doing more harm than good.

#5 Regular Bots and the Menu Settings

I'm not so bothered by the regular bots. I don't see this as a huge issue. It's just a way to fill up the servers when there aren't enough players, so I can't complain.

I can't speak for the issues with the menu settings because I'm not a Premium player. I'll get to why in just a hot second, although it should be fairly obvious, given the length of my rant already.

#6 Premium Improvement Ideas

Again, not Premium, so I can't back up Volk's argument. The reason I don't donate, is because your servers just aren't good enough. The AFKs, the server crashes, the inability to kick someone when there's no admin around -there's just too many negatives. I can see where Volk is going with the "players who pay should get benefits" thing, and I agree with a few points, but I think calling a vote should be something EVERY player can do, and voice chat should probably never be a thing, even for premiums. More often than not, it's the pay-to-play players that are the most abusive. It's probably for the best that they stay muted. Also I think that premium players shouldn't be allowed to spam the chat. People abuse it way too often, and hearing the constant beeping, as well as seeing the same message (rage bind) over and over again is very annoying.

#7 MODs or VIPs

Again, allowing EVERYONE to have the ability to votekick would be a lot simpler.

#8 Be More Transparent and Listen To Your Community

This is a very important point. Your users are trying to tell you how to improve your servers. Listen to them, and they will tell their friends that Saigns listens, and will change things, if they ask. It's sure to get you more users. Why not put a survey option in the menu that pops up when you join a server? A brief "Think we can improve our servers somehow? Let us know!"

I can´t say something to all points, because there either not in my hands or just because i´m not the one who really is playing TF2.
    But i will try to respond to the general addressed point. Maybe they will get a bit more understandable then.

#1 Rule of Flaming
    This rule exist´s because we want to get a pleasent climate for everyone on the server.
    Nobody have something against a bit of rage or anything else like this, because it´s just normal. We are all only human, so it´s natural that our feelings get a bit up on some things. Flaming / Raging is just a valve to this.

This is a general rule which belongs to all games, not only TF2. With it, we just try to keep the excessive flaming (where other players get molested by this) down a bit.

#2 Admins and Recruiting
    As i mentioned this many times before, all Admins on Saigns are doing this "Job" voluntary and in there free time.
    Because of this, it is possible that sometimes no Admin is present to help.
    On top of this comes, that we have the main vacation time and currently really not that many Admins for TF2 in general.
    Everyone will get help if he need it, we just ask everyone to have some patience or help us to help himself by reporting cheaters or everythig else here on the forum.

Everyone can become Admin here if he wants to. All he needs to do is to fulfill the requirements.
    The hardest part may be the hours of chattime, but it is really not that hard to get them. There are also reasons for every requirement we desire.

#7 MODs or VIPs
    Some time ago, everyone had the ability to votekick. But because of major abuse to this function, it was necessary to remove it.

#8 Transparency
    I can just speak for myself here. I always try to be open to everyone if i can. To give any information you want if i have them myself.

I´m sure, maybe thats not what you wanted to read respectively wanted to get some more informations. But personaly, i don´t have much more or can do anything about the other points to which I have not mentioned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ch3misTrY View Post
    I can´t say something to all points, because there either not in my hands or just because i´m not the one who really is playing TF2.
    But i will try to respond to the general addressed point. Maybe they will get a bit more understandable then.

#1 Rule of Flaming
    This rule exist´s because we want to get a pleasent climate for everyone on the server.
    Nobody have something against a bit of rage or anything else like this, because it´s just normal. We are all only human, so it´s natural that our feelings get a bit up on some things. Flaming / Raging is just a valve to this.
    Seems fair, but kinda hard to tell where you cross the line and where you don't.
    This is a general rule which belongs to all games, not only TF2. With it, we just try to keep the excessive flaming (where other players get molested by this) down a bit.

#2 Admins and Recruiting
    As i mentioned this many times before, all Admins on Saigns are doing this "Job" voluntary and in there free time.
    Because of this, it is possible that sometimes no Admin is present to help.
    On top of this comes, that we have the main vacation time and currently really not that many Admins for TF2 in general.
    Everyone will get help if he need it, we just ask everyone to have some patience or help us to help himself by reporting cheaters or everythig else here on the forum.
    I wonder why not that many TF2 admins excists, maybe the excessive requirement of your TF2 playtime on a inactive chat?
    Everyone can become Admin here if he wants to. All he needs to do is to fulfill the requirements.
    The hardest part may be the hours of chattime, but it is really not that hard to get them. There are also reasons for every requirement we desire.

#7 MODs or VIPs
    Some time ago, everyone had the ability to votekick. But because of major abuse to this function, it was necessary to remove it.
    Which is why you should require less requirements for MOD's and VIP's to gain cleaner and more relaxed servers.
    #8 Transparency
    I can just speak for myself here. I always try to be open to everyone if i can. To give any information you want if i have them myself.
    Then please do explain the lag for heavens sake!

I´m sure, maybe thats not what you wanted to read respectively wanted to get some more informations. But personaly, i don´t have much more or can do anything about the other points to which I have not mentioned anything.
    Indeed not the response i was hoping for, and most of the points you DID respond to were not the important ones

And as you can tell people are agreeing with me. Some more than others

Please pass this post onto tF, DALLS/VAIN/DAS and all the other TF2 admins. PLEASE
    Last edited by VolKan; 21.07.2016 at 21:58.

01:28 - [C&B] ♫DovahYT | CuddlingSelena: Well I mean I totally agree, random crits enabled is utterly shameful and not having any staff to respond is just terrible and is the main reason I hate their servers now is because of the lag too.
    01:28 - VolKan | YouTube: Full statement?
    01:29 - [C&B] ♫DovahYT | CuddlingSelena: Ye