I want to login or register an account!
    Neuer Benutzer

Why have I been banned on Dust2 Deathmatch?

Hi,

I've just been kicked out of the game and banned on Dust2 Deathmatch map. What's the reason for that? I genuinely have no idea why.

I found this page: https://www.saigns.de/bans/info/26912 but it I have no idea what "Spezialfall / Ban" actually is.
    Would like to know what is the actual reason.

Thanks,
    Vot

You got banned for 3 days due to repeated violations of the server rules.

Neuer Benutzer
    The rules as in "Don't cheat, Don't flame, Don't grief, Play fair" ?

The only thing that could apply is the last one (I was using P90 against people with AWPs but then again it's deathmatch). Plus, you know... a warning instead would've been nice rather than an outright ban (which I just noticed is for all servers).
    Can you please be more specific about what was the issue?

Funny part is my premium got extended by three days just the other day for staying around on an empty server (this very dust2 DM server in fact) until more people came. That extension is literally 18th-21st, almost exactly the time I'll be locked out completely.

Not really sure what to think of it, especially since I do pay for a premium account and then I get banned like that with no warning, whatsoever. I have over 1600 hours of CSS on my Steam account, why would one even try to break the rules at this point?

Thanks for response anyway.

Hi Vot

1.10 Spawn
    The entering of the opponent's spawn is generally prohibited.
    (In TF2, all servers are concerned; in CS, only the Deathmatch servers are included)
    Sanction: Kick, temporary or permanent ban.

Neuer Benutzer
    Hi Jaymill,

Thanks for an actual reason.

A warning even in a form of a kick would've been nice as I wasn't even aware of that being a rule. Plenty of people do it although usually it's the other way round (Ts in CT spawn). Just never realised it was against the rules.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter now. Thanks for all the good games, it was fun while it lasted.

No problem maybe the colleague will get around and shorten your ban or even completely cancel, since I believe you what you say. Only it is in his hand to relieve you .... Have fun

Neuer Benutzer
    Thanks Jaymill,

Highly appreciated, always had a good game when I ran into you on one of the servers. If you remember me at all then you might also remember that I'm usually one of the first people to switch teams in order to even teams out and generally trying to keep the game balanced and fun for everyone.

Doesn't feel like a great reward to be honest... Plus I know premium accounts aren't very expensive here but I just assumed that after paying there would be a bit better customer service with it - at least somebody letting me know I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, glad to have found out what the reason was. Even though the rules aren't clearly advertised it seems I was in the wrong.

Cheers man

You recieved many warnings, even kicks for it over the last few months. There is allways one time where it´s enough.
    Apart from this: Ignorance does not protect one from punishment.
    The ban will stay as it is.

To avoid something like this in the future, you should read the serverrules and stick to them.

https://www.saigns.de/forums/showthr...-Rules-Deu-Eng
    Last edited by ch3misTrY; 18.04.2017 at 20:24.

Neuer Benutzer
    The list is actually quite helpful, thanks. The only rules I've ever seen are literally the four seen in the MOTD.

As I said, I didn't even realise it was a rule and I'm not trying to get the ban lifted or anything. Even the title of the post implies that all I wanted to know all along is the reason.

Re: warnings - I seem to remember one kick and asking about it afterwards. I just assumed it was a one time thing where I annoyed the admin, especially as there are loads of people in opposite spawns regularly on that map.
    I don't remember any verbal warnings although it's easy to miss things in the chat in a deathmatch game so I'll take your word that there were some.
    Last edited by vot; 21.04.2017 at 01:27.