I want to login or register an account!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Neuer Benutzer
    Join Date
    11.01.2018
    Posts
    8

    Two players off map

    So here is a demo. Glad to be of help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Erfahrener Benutzer ZenTiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    25.01.2017
    Posts
    457
    I can see how you need to be third person to see the names. Otherwise the demo would be useless as we would not know who they are. Normally we only use first person view but I can see how it is different in this game. You also included a status. Good Work.

    Am very sorry but without a warning the demo is not to be used as proof
    Last edited by ZenTiac; 29.12.2018 at 09:42.

  3. #3
    Erfahrener Benutzer Paula's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2017
    Location
    Germany / Saarland
    Posts
    152
    I would be interested to know how you made sure that the players were warned about their offence or was that not done?

  4. #4
    Erfahrener Benutzer ZenTiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    25.01.2017
    Posts
    457
    I have made the bans not active but they will stay as a record of the map abuse.

  5. #5
    Erfahrener Benutzer Paula's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2017
    Location
    Germany / Saarland
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    I have made the bans not active but they will stay as a record of the map abuse.
    Maybe you have a better idea how to handle this in the future. Players are already doing the work and recording a demo and it doesn't help because the rule breakers weren't warned before. If I have to tell a recorder twice, I'm sorry, the map-abuser wasn't warned before, he won't bother to record a demo in the future.

    Maybe you could add warnings to the ban system.

    A proposal was made here recently: https://www.saigns.de/forums/showthr...another-roofer

    To open an extra thread in the admin area, where the player's name, Steam-ID, type of violation as well as day and time and finally a proof of the warning should be entered.

    In my opinion, this would only fail due to a considerable amount of extra work.

  6. #6
    Erfahrener Benutzer ZenTiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    25.01.2017
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Maybe you have a better idea how to handle this in the future. Players are already doing the work and recording a demo and it doesn't help because the rule breakers weren't warned before. If I have to tell a recorder twice, I'm sorry, the map-abuser wasn't warned before, he won't bother to record a demo in the future.

    Maybe you could add warnings to the ban system.

    A proposal was made here recently: https://www.saigns.de/forums/showthr...another-roofer

    To open an extra thread in the admin area, where the player's name, Steam-ID, type of violation as well as day and time and finally a proof of the warning should be entered.

    In my opinion, this would only fail due to a considerable amount of extra work.
    In any other game with a demo we can ban as the demo is proof. What you are saying even with a demo that nothing can happen? They clearly were off mapping. So if we always have to warn before a ban then we should also warn before banning an Aimbotter? We encourage other players to make demos to get proof. I am pretty sure I have warned these guys in the past that roofing is not allowed but I am not going to go through days of logs to find it. I was not there at the time. So once again Admin Paula you do have point. I was not there to warn them that this was wrong. Maybe they did not realize that off mapping was bad? Because they were not warned I guess I have no choice but to remove these bans from the system and sorry Oozer that you wasted your time making a demo that we can do nothing with because we were not there to warn them first. I would be interested in other admins opinions to what we can and can not do on what seems to be a troubled game with bugs allowing the off mapping. If warning is the issue why not put a server message up saying that off mapping is not allowed then they are always warned?

  7. #7
    Erfahrener Benutzer Paula's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2017
    Location
    Germany / Saarland
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    In any other game with a demo we can ban as the demo is proof.
    Thats intersting. So we only have to do so in HL2DM? I really have no idea of that, i just play DM.


    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    What you are saying even with a demo that nothing can happen? They clearly were off mapping.
    No i dint say that. I just say that even if you have a demo the player should have been warned in the past about that. The demo is a proof of his repeating wrongdoing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    So if we always have to warn before a ban then we should also warn before banning an Aimbotter?
    You really have to ask this? Of course not. Cheating is directly punished with a permanent ban.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    So once again Admin Paula you do have point.
    I'm not interested in scoring points. My point is that we are acting in a prescribed way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    If warning is the issue why not put a server message up saying that off mapping is not allowed then they are always warned?
    I suppose you haven't read the linked thread, because that's exactly what I suggested. That would be my favorite, if the rules would be displayed during server login.

  8. #8
    Erfahrener Benutzer ZenTiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    25.01.2017
    Posts
    457
    I am guessing Paula that you will argue the point till you get your way so I will remove the bans from the system. I would have thought that bug using was cheating by using the bugs to an unfair advantage.
    Last edited by ZenTiac; 29.12.2018 at 09:46.

  9. #9
    Erfahrener Benutzer Paula's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2017
    Location
    Germany / Saarland
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiac View Post
    I am guessing Paula that you will argue the point till you get your way so I will remove the bans from the system. I would have thought that bug using was cheating by using the bugs to an unfair advantage.
    No one is more annoyed than me that it must be done the way it is prescribed.
    If it were up to me, I would have asked you why you didn't ban them forever!
    Last edited by Paula; 29.12.2018 at 10:27.

  10. #10
    Erfahrener Benutzer Prime82's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.2016
    Posts
    593
    Just to clarify. Cheating = ban no matter what
    Bugusing, being hl2dm, cs:s, tf2 or cs 1.6, we warn first. Don't know if they have been warned? Then the chance is they haven't.

    Being a public server, I will guess that maybe 1 of 10 players read the server rules, and my guess is that is why the owner wants us to warn first so we make sure the players understand that this is not allowed.

    Been doing this myself, at italy I was bugusing alot, because that was allowed in my previous com. A way for CT to better win is to boost through roof on many places. Then I learned it was not allowed, and had to stop ofc ;)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •