I want to login or register an account!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Erfahrener Benutzer

The perpetuity of the smoke hack/bug/cheat (whatever its called)

A comment on smoke hacking/bug/cheat (whatever it is called)

After reading the post by ' SCOTRob' a few days ago I feel compelled to write about this topic.. the consistent incredulity for this topic and how it is effecting the server and the players who donate regularly is a topic worth mentioning with some detail.. scot robs post regarding this topic I thought was well thought out, polite and to the point..

I know its been brought up several times now both on here and on the server but I really feel like the mods are not listening and to a point disregarding the importance of it..

The very definition of 'cheat' is ' an act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.' regarding the smoke bug/hack/cheat'... (and you can call it what you may) but I if its giving the user an unfair advantage and as such then it should be not allowed to be used, they are using a bug/cheat to their advantage and to the detriment of the other players which is of course after a while infuriating and makes the whole experience impossible to enjoy .. hence why some servers have banned it and why its banned in most if not all clan matches..

When one wishes to bring this up to the mods on the server which I play regularly (assault) we are usually met with a ego filled barrage of insults, warnings, threats, sarcasm etc etc .. so people give up asking these 'mods' on the server to do anything about it not to mention there is an air of mendacity to actually acknowledge the gravity of the situation of the smoke hack/cheat/bug. One thing the mods on the css server haven't learnt is that respect is earned not given as a right or a virtue.. The mods on the servers should be setting an example to others to earn the respect to show players dignity to give the donators what they pay for, without these characteristics only spite and resentment is achieved.. Instead when challenged or asked even in a polite civil thoughtful manner you are faced with a barrage of insults or ego based sarcasm or threats. At times I think the mods on the server mistake arrogance and power with virtue and greatness, which of course it does not .. I know its not up to the mods on the server to do such a fundamental changes like banning the smoke hack/bug/cheat but Jesus learn how to be courteous and thoughtful. One could say this is a British sensitivity to such things and that's a valid possibly but I have seen it done to Americans, south Americans, Russians etc etc... Manners after all are free and cost nothing..

thankfully not all the mods on here are like this, some I have come across on the forums are very polite, intelligent, courteous, tolerant people. the complete polar opposite of mods I mentioned earlier... the mods are the face of the product, they represent the face of saign and should act in a dignified and tolerant manner.. so if they act in a undignified and rude/crude manner that gives saign a bad name :(

tribal affiliation is of course partly to blame regarding the other mods sticking up for their fellow mods even if though deep inside their gut and conscience they know they are bad apples.. Bad apples spread their poison unfortunately to go and on into perpetuity...

I like RalphPootawn really don't understood why some use smoke hacks, though I don't have the respect that RalphPootawn has for roi and skrealz them mainly due to their behaviour online to players & and of course for regularly using the smoke bug/hack/cheat, you cant deny the talent of roi and skrealz, roi and skrealz are fantastic players, it pains me to compliment them because the way they act and behave to others undermines their obvious skill.. its a perplexing question Why do obviously Very talented players need to use such a 'hack' or 'bug' or whatever you wish to call it.. its very odd indeed .. if I could play as good as them which I clearly cant (and I have the humility to admit that) I would refrain from using such 'bugs'/'hacks' as it would tarnish my reputation and take away from the talent that I possessed..

To end this rather over inflated post (sorry i get carried away when writing) :) , to be silent and unmoving in such a vivid barrage of complaints from long term players and donators regarding the smoke problem is insanity personified.. in the end people will just stop donating and go elsewhere.. I personally like this server though I do try and avoid playing when skrealz and roi are on as it just destroys the fun and the fairness of the game.. CSS is a brilliant example of a great engine and a great game that time hasn't really diminished away into the archives of history hence why people still play it.. it will be a sad day for all when such a great game disappears into history..

You mentioned in the SCOTRob' post about an email of the Actual Saign owner.. will you give it out so we can contact him directly and ask him as donators? if not I urge the mods (that do have integrity and morality) the ones I mentioned earlier to contact him and tell him the grievances of the players on here..

Kind regards & have a pleasant evening

Reaks :)

Well hy again

Like u already know the bug/hack whatever u wanna call it it´s allowed in here, like u also say u and others tried to speak with the owner and let me guess? - No answer came ?

Yeah like i tought, i tried telling him the same thing, even others tried telling him this, but he does not change his mind when it comes to the bug, so there is no point in bringing this up once again

And why do Roi and Skrealz use that ? Well i guess the answer is simple, they do that because others do it and they want to get points as many as they can and just to be better and just to kill more and more, thats what im thinking.

Ah one more thing, i tried this aswell and asked the owner, if its possible that he makes a topic or tells us Admins that it should be forbidden to use that bug, because "WE" Admins should be a role model for others and for the server, but you can guess what came at the end ? YES no answer came.

Erfahrener Benutzer

Grins

good evening creeper

thanks for the prompt reply..

Yes it is a wee bit odd that the owner doesn't seem to care about the distain caused by this topic.. sadly the only way he will learn it appears is when people stop playing and the server dies which will be a sad day for all of us.. what is the actual structure of the rules based for the saigns mods?.. if it is hieratical that im assuming due to your 'supermod' tag.. then can you not instruct all mods and players to stop using it? mods more so because like you aptly said in youre reply they are the standard barers for the servers and the saigns brand so should setting an example to others, for others to look up to and respect..

like I said in my earlier post respect is earned not a right or a virtue that appears out of no where, though sadly the new generation of gamers and mods seem to confuse power with respect and demand respect for that power regardless of how they treat players which I think is short sighted and morally wrong.. maybe im just old fashioned lol who knows..

You said they use it for scores.. why ? roi and skrealz already have fantastic scores and talent why spoil it with impropriety and using cheats/bugs/hacks etc.. it seems bizarre to me.. not to mention the bad attitude...

anyways thanks for your time and your reply..

have a nice evening :) what's left of it..

reaks :)

Well on the Forum there are Moderators to keep the topic clean and ban idiots that spam, create, close threads etc.

Only the Owner can set the bar and decline the Smoke Bug for the Admins around here, not the Mods

He has the last word on everything, cause its his business and his Baby (Saigns)

And about Roi and Skrealz, well they are often in here so im curios to hear the opinion from them, why are they really using the Bug ?

So yeah Roi and Skrealz fell free to comment around here.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    ah ok

thankyou creeper for clearing that up.. hes the BOSS then :)

'his baby ' :) one would think that the 'supermod' asking for a request to ban the smoke bug would be enough for him to get his attention.. he needs to attend to his baby :) before it gos venal and feral :) lol

I also will be interested in their pathology of why they feel the need to use it when they don't really need to lol

as forum mod I trust you will stop them if they start attacking me verbally, I have been courteous and polite with my posts I hope and it doesn't warrant an attack :) and nor do I wish this to turn into slagging, insult melee...

once again thank you for your time,

gut nacht creeper :)

reaks

if they start attacking me verbally
    There is no need for someone to attack u on here verbally, u just speak out what ur mind tells u and that is not forbidden.

I know it is lame and its often stupid when u have to play with the smoke guys

When i see one and i have to play against one of them i try playing more defensive and not show myself in the smoke, cause like u know they can see me there

And to you also.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    oh forgive me i missed the 'e' off the gute nacht lol dam my german is rusty :( i use to speak it almost fluently when i lived in hamburg years ago (well i could get by lets say) lol .. since returning to uk 10 years on i cant remember most of it :( lol i guess the 'use it or lose it' springs to ones mind :)

yes i agree when i see a big cloud of smoke i run and hide lol

kind regards

reaks :)

yes i agree when i see a big cloud of smoke i run and hide lol
    Well better then getting killed in it

Hi Reak,
    Thank you for taking the time to write this. One point you do bring up constantly is respect. This is a 2 way thing. You can not expect respect and act in a different light. You act here as though you are so
    righteous. However you also seem to easily follow others bad habits. Maybe if you showed Roi and Skrealz some respect they would show it back. Also you guys were talking about blocking the door on assault and I tried to explain this is under the rules as griefing. I did not realize at the time you guys were holding the door handle to do this. Holding the door handles is not allowed as it stops ct from being able to rescue the hostages. Assault is the only map I know of that has doors for this. The anger over the smoke bug is a constant here. I for years got headshot through smoke and had no idea there was a bug you could use to see through smoke. I had to buy a Nvidia graphics card just to even the odds. This is what most do and they still hate the bug but are sick of others abusing its use. For example throwing smoke and standing in it shooting all the players as they can see them clearly. You know some players do this and it creates anger animosity not just on assault but a lot of the servers. It is easy to blame some when as a whole even your buddies are using the same thing you complain about Roi and Skrealz using. I do not see you complaining about them?

So please show the same respect to others as you so seemingly desire and remember that this is a gaming server and is supposed to be a fun place and not a parliament full of children pretending to be adults.

Kind Regards
    ZenTiac

Erfahrener Benutzer
    ah Creeper and the attacks start as predicted... a nice tolerant logical debate has turned into another name calling abusive rant from one of the bad apples :( it was a lovely conversation before zentaic appeared :( this creeper is exactly what I was taking about :( and why intelligent rational debate is impossible with bullies

ok zentaic since you have turned this normal civil and rather enjoyable conversation/topic into another excuse for you to insult and flex your delusional power I will reply once to you and only once so not to keep it going, though i know thats what you get a buzz out of so i will not 'feed the bear' so to speak, i will not give you the pleasure of ongoing conflict....

you have shown in many posts to me and to others you threaten, attack, insult, and seem completely devoid of any ability to actually speak rationally and logically without turning it into a power,control, insulting match conflict which i think you enjoy. and personally if im perfectly honest after viewing alot of these posts you have done to others I don't think you have the intellect or ability to actually discuss or understand at a complex level interactions and communication.. in short I think you are a bully and there is plenty of other players that see that too, you yield your power and you abuse it.. read the book 'the selfish gene' and the book 'the naked ape' to see where your psychology and way of thinking you have come from it actually comes from the roots of evolutionary psychology .. your behaviour like I said earlier to creeper only shines a bad light. on saign... your post has perfectly personified my point in merely asking a question and this is the usual vile abusive response.
    ok lets go through what you said. forgive me for being overanalytical part of aspergers im afraid :)

you said '. However you also seem to easily follow others bad habits'

not sure what that means I have many friends on the server..ive been playing there a while, i unlike you are not affected by tribal affiliation

you said ' This is a 2 way thing. You can not expect respect and act in a different light. You act here as though you are so righteous'

well im a long term donator, never been banned, never been gagged other than the unwarranted gags which were lifted thankfully from the other mods on here.. so righteous? hmmmm your hardly in the place to claim righteousness are you zentaic.. yes I explained that, you don't get respect by treating people the way you do by threatening bans and threatening gags just because you don't want to hear the reply or the reply creates dissonance.... this is the way YOU treat people.. not me.. what you are doing by claiming I do that is called 'projection' in psychology... maybe im not righteous as you claim but im not a bully nor am I decadent...I don't have the primitive need to control people to feel a false feeling of empowerment.

you said ' Maybe if you showed Roi and Skrealz some respect they would show it back.'

I have tried many times to communicate with roi and skrealz, skrealz actually added me to steam and we chatted for a while before he blocked me for no reason what so ever, so to say don't show respect is just untrue and misguided.. like I said .. respect is earned, bullying people and waving the power wand wont get you respect zentaic it will only get you resentment..

you said '. Also you guys were talking about blocking the door on assault and I tried to explain this is under the rules as griefing. I did not realize at the time you guys were holding the door handle to do this. Holding the door handles is not allowed as it stops ct from being able to rescue the hostages'

ah i can see you are a pathological liar like 95% of neuro typical humans, well I wasn't holding any handle so don't accuse people of such things! I was protecting the hostages by shooting through the door using the para, as were another 3-4 players. secondly you actually said it was a grey area from what I could recall I wasn't actually asking the actual rules from what I can remember I think the Russian guy was,

as for holding the door handle I have seen for years now people doing this and mods said NOTHING!! it is the terrorists role to stop the CTS rescuing the hostages and staying in that room should be allowed that is realistic bare in mind consequently the majority of times terrorists hold out in the hostages room they get killed lol

you said 'This is what most do and they still hate the bug but are sick of others abusing its use.'

perfectly put ! I agree completely !

you wrote ' It is easy to blame some when as a whole even your buddies are using the same thing you complain about Roi and Skrealz using. I do not see you complaining about them? '

I never just blamed them, not very bright are you lol I said roi and skrealz are brilliant players I was questioning why they do it when they are such good players, there is a difference lol

buddies? I have no friends on steam that play css, most of my contacts on steam are ex mapping colleagues from when I used to create games.. and once again try and take it in ... I dislike any one using this smoke bug, hence asking creeper to ban EVERYONE using it not just roi and skrealz

you said 'So please show the same respect to others as you so seemingly desire and remember that this is a gaming server and is supposed to be a fun place and not a parliament full of children pretending to be adults'

zentaic are you even aware you are describing yourself here? do you really lack 100% introspection ? (google it) sorry you will get no respect from me zentaic respect people who give respect, I have seen how you behave to players, you have none of the virtues or values that I actually admire in people, you are crude, rude, obnoxious, you bully people using your mod powers, you have turned this discussion into another fight as predicted.. you are a bad apple for saign and hopefully one day saign will be enlightened enough to get rid of mods that pollute the water.it would only be a good thing to remove corrupt mods .. if you are this way online I only dread to think what you are like in real life :(

its rather rich dare i say you preaching to me about the its a 'gaming server' perhaps you should think about this when threatening people for no reason and bullying players that have paid good money to play here! you are not god zentaic you are a venal obnoxious mod with a very questionable intellect nothing more.. zentaic you don't seem to realize you have to abide by the rules too and you insulting and bullying and threatening players is not allowed... we pay as donators to keep this server going ! as we enjoy playing here not to get abuse

creeper I apologise the discussion fell into this vile cesspit of insults..and that i replied and gave the bear the honey he craved i know from the past its best to ignore bullies that ejnoy conflict :( . but I think you can see the one who started it..as I sadly predicted :(

please leave it open im still genuinely interested into why skrealz and roi use it ... i will wade through the forcomming insults and try and get some logical reasons why they use it :)

gute nacht :)
    Last edited by ReakingRIngpiece; 23.03.2019 at 00:06.